Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where has the time gone...


Well, I've been back in the states for about 6 weeks now and I feel as though so much has happened! Life has been a whirlwind of reverse culture shock, wedding planning, job searching, cottage relaxing, friend reuniting, and Detroit visiting.

I've been meaning to do a recap of the past year, but I've concluded that too much has happened. It'd be better to write it out as it comes. I know that Honduras will affect me for the rest of my life. It is no longer just "an experience," but it is my life. I'm changed because of it. I've been stretched and pulled tighter than ever before, often to the point of pain. But no matter how many life circumstances changed around me, the Lord was always right by my side, guiding me through it all.

I miss the kids already. As I'm applying for schools and bringing up examples from my teaching experience, their faces and voices keep coming back to me. I know that I will fall in love with a new group of students, most likely hundreds more, but never will I teach at a place quite like Pinares. I am extremely blessed to have worked with the amazing staff that I did, and to teach such a great group of students.

As for now, I'm still in the transition phase. The wedding is in 17 days, Jared and I are moving into our apartment this weekend, and I am still applying for jobs. It's incredibly exciting, emotional, and slightly stressful all at the same time.

Thank you for your prayers over the past year. Thank you for your letters, notes, and words of encouragement. May God bless you this summer. It is my hope to continue to blog after life settles down a bit. Keep in touch. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment