Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm thankful for...

Thinking back to last Thanksgiving, I had no idea that I would be away this year. Sometimes it shocks me how fast life can change, and how God leads us down unexpected paths. And then I laugh at myself, because I start to think to next year already! Only God knows where I'll be or what life will be like. The past few weeks have flown by. It feels like mom was just here visiting, and now it's already a month later! I was telling the students today that it doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving to me. The weather's still nice, I didn't go through a volleyball season or hunting season, I haven't had squash yet, (although I've been making plenty of pumpkin bars, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin spice lattes!) and there's no snow on the ground! I think the first thing I'm going to do when I step outside in MI is make a snow angel! Christmas break is only 3 weeks of teaching away! I was planning today and got on a roll. I'm pretty much planned now until Christmas! That means my planning period might consist more of wedding planning than lesson planning in the next few weeks. :)

This weekend I'm going to Utila! It's an island off the North coast of Honduras. I'm going with 2 other teachers and one of their friends from the states: Gina, Nicole and Alexandria. They are fantastic and I'm excited to spend the long weekend with them. We're taking a 7-8 hour bus ride to la Ceiba and then a ferry boat ride to the island! I'm all packed and ready to go. Of course I packed everything tonight and now I'm up late before leaving at 5am. But, for those of you who know me, what's a vacation without scrambling to pack the night before, right? ;) Some things I try to change, but I'm still working on it. Hopefully I'll remember my toothbrush and PJs! It's going to be a long day of travel. Please pray for our safety! I'm ready to just sit on a bus and read a book, believe it or not! I think there's going to be a lot to do on Utila; we'll make the most of it when we get there!

I'll be thinking of all you at home this weekend and I will definitely miss the time with family and amazing food. There's some things in life that mean so much to you and distance makes it mean even more. I love you my family and friends! God bless you this Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for the support and love I have back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment