Friday, May 27, 2011

Lasts

I had my last basketball practice last night. It was almost a surreal feeling--partially because I found out 20 minutes into the practice that I wouldn't be having any more, and partially because I've been coaching since about week 3 of being here, and now it's over.

I know in these next couple of weeks I will experience 'lasts' almost every day. Strange to think back to when I came, when everything was fresh and new, I was marveling in the firsts. It seems like yesterday, but it feels like ages ago at the same time. The memory is so vivid, yet the changes that have happened since those first few weeks remind me of the months that have passed since then.

Right now, I feel like I'm in between. I'm obviously not back in the states, yet I feel that with each day that passes, a part of me shifts more and more in that direction. As I start to reconnect with my family and friends back home and complete what's been going on here, I pray that the Lord will bless this transition. Change can be difficult, and I know that amidst the joys of returning, there will be hard times too, a reverse culture shock so to speak.

Please join me in prayer for the teachers and students here who are also experiencing "lasts."

No comments:

Post a Comment