Monday, May 30, 2011

SURPRISE Bridal shower!!!

Last week Monday the women here at Pinares threw me a surprise shower! It was so much fun! My care group leader, Jess, told me that we were going to have dessert together instead of doing our regular study because we're almost done. When I got there the door was closed (rare) and there was lots of talking inside. When Andrea came to answer the door the only people in there were my group. Jess then pointed to the counter which was covered with desserts. She pointed again and there was a sign on the counter that said "Congratulations Rachel!" Suddenly people started pouring out from behind the couch, the counter, and the bedrooms on either side! I was truly surprised!

We enjoyed a great time of fellowship and I received advice from the married women. They knew I wouldn't have room for much stuff to take back, so they all brought recipes to share with me! I'm so excited to start making them! Let me share with you one of my favorites:

Recipe for a Happy Christian Marriage:
Each and Every day use the following ingredients:
Make sure you put Jesus 1st and then all things will be added.
1 gallon or prayer
1 gallon of reading God's word
1 gallon of praising God for his many blessings
2 cups of encouragement
2 cups of kindness
**Always stir well with the Golden Rule**
2 cups gentleness
1 cup consideration
1 cup courtesy and thoughtfulness
2 cups of communication
1 cup of contentment
1 cup of understanding of one another's faults
1 cup of understanding of one another's needs
season with cooperation
3 teaspoons pure extract of "I'm sorry" when needed
Add all the things you like to do together
Sweeten well with plentiful love and affection

Here's the wonderful group of women!
Honduran style. (no smile)
I will miss them all so much next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment