Sunday, May 15, 2011

Psalm 119

I read Psalm 119 this morning and was inspired by the repeated emphasis on the law of the Lord, his statues, his commandment, his precepts, his testimonies, his word. Nearly every other line speaks of it starting with the first one: "Blessed are those whose way is blameless who walk in the law of the Lord!" (v1) and it continues throughout...
"I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." (v.11)
"Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors." (v24)
"Strengthen me according to your word! Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your law!" (v28-29)
"Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain! Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways." (v36-37)
"The Lord is my portion; I promise to keep your words." (v57)
"It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statues." (v71)
"Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day." (v97)
"Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble." (v165)

I hope that you will be encouraged just as I was this morning in spending time reading the Bible. It is the inspired word of the Lord and we should "meditate on it day and night!" The Lord speaks to us through the word and when we "neglect our Bible," we "will shrink" and are missing out on what the Lord has to tell us!

May God bless you today and may you listen to what he is telling you in his word!

No comments:

Post a Comment