Monday, September 27, 2010

Birthday in Honduras!


This weekend was great! Yes, I'm now one year older, wiser, more experienced in life, etc. But besides that I had the opportunity to meet so many new people this weekend and be blessed by some of the amazing people here! Homemade cinnamon rolls and cinnamon bread were on the menu for breakfast! Then a Skype date with those I love back home as I opened a package that had been sent. The afternoon was filled with Yoga and basketball. Saturday evening was a fiesta here at the apartments for the 5 people who have birthdays within a week and a half of each other. It was great: tacos, friends, friends of friends, games and dessert (and lots of it)! Our apartment was packed with around 50-60 people! We started at 4:30 and people stayed until 11:30ish. (For us teachers that's pretty late!) Needless to say, I was a bit tired on Sunday, but had a great start to the week today. Despite the fact that it was raining and half my classes had to be in the classrooms... it went fairly well. I just pray it doesn't rain tomorrow... I'll have to start getting creative with indoor lessons! It's a lot more difficult to be active with desks and chairs in the way.

Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment