Sunday, September 5, 2010

Los Ninos




The best part of my job is teaching the Pre-Kinder and Kinder! They are adorable! I've discovered that I have more patience with the younger children... they're so innocent, who can blame them when they do the opposite of what you say! :) ha! (You're probably thinking, "just wait 'til you're a mom.") Anyway, they are a blessing to me. I am also able to teach them in Spanish! It took them a couple of classes to understand my accent, and it took me a couple of classes to remember how to teach in Spanish! But, now, it's amazing! I love teaching them to skip and jump rope. And it's so great when their faces light up because they learned something new, like how to "salta como estrella!" (jump like a star) Then, after they've been doing the activity as hard as they can (because little kids don't pace themselves, they go all out all the time), you can see the tired look on their faces and sweat beaded on their forehead, "Miss, estoy cansada!" or "Estoy sudando!" (I'm tired! or I'm sweating!) I can't help but smile! Then at the end of class, they all wave and say "Thank you Miss DeYoung! Adios!" as they go back to class. I usually get a bunch of hugs from every class- they are so loving and excited about life. They are my first class of the day and they put me in a good mood.They are so precious!

1 comment:

  1. You read my mind. I was thinking just as your wrote. "Just wait till you are a Mom!" Haha! That innocence doesn't work for long with your own kids :) Glad you are having fun. Btw, how do you jump like a star? Jumping jacks? My kids love estrajes (sp?) so I will have to teach them that.

    ReplyDelete