Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Aroma

After school today I went to a candle shop called "La Luciernaga" (The Firefly) to look at candles to buy and use at the wedding! It is a small business that makes hand-crafted candles. They are made by women and the proceeds go to help women and children who are abused. I went with two other girls on the Rapidito, we got off on the side of the road and walked up the short hill driveway to the store. Once we entered, the pollution and dirty smells of the city disappeared as we were overwhelmed by the scents of the candles. As I thought more about this today, I came across 2 Corinthians 14-16 which says, "But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?"(ESV) We as Christians are an aroma to the world!

Today I praise the Lord for my sense of smell, and I pray that as I continue to smell what's around me, I may be reminded that others are smelling me through my actions and words! .

No comments:

Post a Comment