Saturday, March 12, 2011

FAMILY FUN DAY!

I remember going to Family Fun Night in elementary and middle school every year. Carnival games in all of the classrooms, cake walk, candy, winning prizes, eating pizza... today was Family Fun Day at Pinares! The high school students are in charge of the games and all of the proceeds go to the school. It was out on the soccer field under huge tents. There were tons of different kinds of foods, games, candy, the Orbitron, a bazaar selling used items (I bought a purse for $2.50), futbolito in the gym, and people everywhere! Praise God for a beautiful day and a great time for everyone!





The girls I am with here are the seniors on my volleyball team. They are fantastic!







One of the games was to throw water balloons at teachers and other students. I took my turn from 12:30-1 and several of my students came to throw water balloons at me. We stood behind this fence which had barbed wire on the top that popped the balloons easily. This picture is from the last time slot of the day and a bunch of elementary kids are behind the fence with our principal, Mr. Osberg! As you can see, he also took advantage of the hair styling booth!


This is one of my Pre-Kinder students on the Orbitron! There was a line all day for the ride. I also got to hang out with Simon for part of the day. He's eating a charamusca, a frozen treat in a bag- kind of like a popcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment