Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Truth

I've been brought to my knees so many times lately I'm surprised they aren't bruised. Today I'm thankful for the way that the Bible guides us in the truth and reveals the hidden dirt. Through the most challenging times of life, through the deserts, God brings us back to him. When we are starving to be filled and parched with thirst, the Lord brings us back to his promises. (For more on the Lord's faithfulness while the Israelites were in the desert, see Deuteronomy 8.) This year more than ever I have found myself in the desert where God's truth has revealed the dirt inside of me that I try so desperately to hide: selfishness (aka: pride), insecurity, jealousy (aka: envy), frustration (aka: anger), delight in worldly pleasures (aka: idolatry or greed). That's more deadly sins than I care to admit, but through the strength of the Lord, I can be freed from these sins. I praise the Lord for the truth written in his word, the truth explained in books I have read, and the truth revealed through the Christians around me who are challenging and building me up in the Lord. As hard as it is to swallow my own pride, to those of you who guide me, I thank you for your guidance. I challenge everyone of you to look into your own lives today and ask the Lord to reveal the dirt and give you beauty for ashes. Pray that he may satisfy you and give you a garment of praise.

Today's picture is from the hunt I went on with my dad in the NWT. Amid the openness and barrenness of life represented in this picture, the Lord is there calling us back to him and back to the truth.



God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment