Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st day of Teaching


Yup. I did it. I took a "First day of School" picture. This is me on Monday, my first day of teaching. It's such a good feeling to finally be starting to teach! The kids have been (mostly) great! They are excited about PE and about school... of course it's still the first week. I still feel like I'm not sure what I'm doing for some reason... I think it's because I know the habits the kids form in these next couple days could make or break the rest of the year... talking out of turn, yelling, pushing, sliding on the floor, climbing on the basketball poles... at the same time I just want to have fun with them! I'm excited to teach them too. Tomorrow I'll have a few classes for the second time. Which will be nice to see faces I've already seen. The kids all wear name tags to their specials classes for the first couple weeks. Amazing. It would be so hard without them! Thankfully, I learn names fairly quickly... but still, I have around 300 names to learn! :) But, God knows them all by name, and each one is "precious in his sight."

No comments:

Post a Comment