Friday, August 20, 2010

Torrential Rainfall and the Loudest Thunder I've Ever Heard!

What an amazing experience! Sometimes it rains so hard here you can't see in front of you! Today we had one of these storms. I was in the library when it started to pour. With the rain came the thunder and lightning... We had a 'warning' crack before the huge one. It was an ear-shattering crack of lightning and thunder at the same time. Light flashed inside of the library! We're not sure if it was the lightning, but one of the lights burnt out and the computer monitors are fried. Please pray that nothing important was lost! I felt a tingle shoot through me... but I'm pretty sure it was just from jumping at the sound! And my imagination thinking I could have just been electrocuted. Ha! The lightning did hit the building, but no one was hurt.

Please pray for safety in future storms. And pray for the people down in the city. There is more rain than you can even imagine and it all flows down into Tegucigalpa from the surrounding mountains! There has been several mudslide warnings.

Overall, I was more amazed at the awesomeness of God! He is so powerful! It is unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment