Thursday, August 12, 2010

Surreal

I wake up each morning still amazed at where I am. What a crazy feeling! A week from today we will be starting classes already! There's the overwhelming feeling of being a new teacher on top of living in a new country. I am so grateful for amazing student teaching placements that have prepared me so well! I went with Carla, the 4th-6th grade PE teacher, through the equipment room yesterday. I was amazed! There's so much there that I didn't even image! We have parachutes, bean bags, foam paddles, scooters, whiffleballs, foam balls, equipment for soccer, volleyball, hockey, badminton, tennis, track batons, hula hoops, jump ropes... the list goes on and on! There's so much I can't wait to be creative with! I feel as though I have a lot of freedom and I'm excited to have fun! What I'm most nervous about is discipline. The students at Chandler Woods were amazing! I have no idea how these students will respond! My next task is to write out my classroom procedures specifically for ALP... where I will meet the classes, how they will walk down to the court, gym, or field, if they will have spots where they can sit, how to start and end the class, if they can even understand me or if I'll need to explain in both English and Spanish! :)

God has been so good. I deeply miss everyone back home, but he has replaced the longing with joy. I have peace that it's God's plan for me to be here. Whenever I am tempted to be sorrowful, I am reminded of the blessing it is to be here and how even more wonderful the homecoming will be! When I miss having a hand to hold, I can feel the Lord holding me in his hand-never letting go. When I am in need of a hug, someone here will greet me with their arms open, welcoming me into the community with the love of Christ.

I can feel your prayers, your love, and your encouragement. You are in my prayers as well! Love.

Colossians 1:9-12
And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all the endurance and the patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

No comments:

Post a Comment