Wednesday, August 18, 2010

School starts... TOMORROW!!!

Wow. What a week of preparation! I can't believe that school is already starting tomorrow! The fist 2 days are half days so the elementary won't have PE. I'll be helping with the assembly and assisting the teachers throughout the day as much as possible. Monday I start full on. I got my schedule and class lists today. It'll be great to finally meet the kids!!! So many names to put a face with finally!

Other happenings: I've been teaching an aerobics class this week! It's been fantastic! Around 20 teachers came both Monday and today at 6:30am before our sessions. I'm going to continue it next week... I pray that I'll have enough energy to lead at 5:30! Tonight we had an amazing time of prayer and praise to start off the year. We sang all kinds of Sunday School type songs! Every day I'm more excited to get involved in the community of believers here. I'll be doing a Bible Study/Care group starting next week with 4 other girls. I'm not sure what it's going to look like yet, but I'm excited about the girls in my group.

Please pray for health for some of the teachers. One of the teachers they fear has Dengue. She's been unable to do much for the last couple days. Also pray for Mr. Smith and Mr. Osberg, our director and Elem. principal. Both have been under the weather. Now is not a good time to be sick... there's so much happening.

Thank you for your prayers! Keep in touch!
Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment