Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I have an office!

Today was filled with moving furniture around setting up my office and helping other classroom teachers set up their rooms! We started out the day around 8am with an elementary teachers meeting.. just in time for the power to go (a regular occurrence in Honduras I'm told). It stayed out all day until around 4pm. My office doesn't have a window so that made it a bit more challenging but it went well. I didn't get a chance to take a picture yet but I will soon! I share an office with Kathy, the spiritual life coordinator in the elementary school. She's amazing! So much fun and so good to talk to. I'm excited to spend time with her. We had a traditional Honduran meal tonight for all the teachers: chicken, steak, rice, beans, and tortillas. Very delicious! Tomorrow is more meetings. I'll be starting to plan my curriculum for the year with the other elementary PE teacher as well as going to the hardware store to get some of the things I wasn't able to take!

I'm definitely tired after a long day. I think that the first few weeks are going to be more mentally challenging than physically challenging. My brain is trying to take in and remember so many new things all at the same time! But, I am going to play some pick up soccer tonight with some other teachers. :)

Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment